Star Wars become a favorite film both of children and adults. Nowadays, many cake décor try to develop to make the Star Wars birthday cake with a variety of theme. So, if you’re planning to give a birthday cake for your children or family, the star wars cake is probably good for you. Here is a video about the tutorial in making the Star Wars birthday cake recipe from Pink Cake Princess.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups butter
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon of milk
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla extra
- 4 cups of marshmallow
- 2 cups of icing sugar
- 2 tablespoon of water
- Food Coloring for blue, black, white, yellow and red color
- The first step, pour 4 egg whites into a large bowl. Then, add half a cup of sugar, mix it using the mixer tool until getting smooth, think and really white.
- Second, pour the egg yolks into another bowl. Then, add the rest of sugar. Then, mixing it too like the first step. Add 3 tablespoon of vegetable oil and pour 3 tablespoons of hot water into the batter, stir it for a while. Next, pour flour, baking powder, and vanilla powder and stir it.
- After that, add the egg whites, mix them slowly to using the spatula. Make sure the batter is delicate. Next, prepare the cake pan and pour a few of vegetable oil continued by some flour to avoid the batter sticking. Place the cover on the tray using an aluminum foil. Then, pour the batter into the cake pan and gently shock it to remove the bubbles.
- The next step, bake it for 20 - 30 minutes in the oven about 330 F pre-heat. After the bake is finished, open the door of an oven for 5 minutes for cooling the cake. Finally, the cake is ready to decorate.
First, mix the powder sugar and the butter with sugar smoothly. Then, pour the milk slowly.
Then, wait for all ingredients are fuzed, sprinkle the pinch of salt and add the vanilla extra. Beat it merged.
Last, after the icing buttercream is ready. Now, you start covering the basic cake evenly.
Firstly, add marshmallow in the bowl. Next, pour about 2 -3 tablespoon of water, it must be distributed over the marshmallow. Then, put it in the microwave for 30 seconds until all marshmallows completely melted.
- After the marshmallows are melted, you have to stir it with a good consistency. Then, add 2 cups of icing sugar and stir it until it is mixed together.
For the next step, put the marshmallow on the table. Add some icing sugar to smooth the marshmallow. You have to mix it to stick together like kneading the bread batter. Continue this step until the icing sugar exhausted to make sure that the marshmallow is getting the good texture. Although, it can take little bit longer time but the result will be perfect later.
- After the white fondant is formed. The next step is making the colored fondant. Preparing the food coloring with a variety of color. For this recipe, we choose blue, yellow, black, and red food coloring to decorate the Star Wars birthday cake.
- For adding the different color, you have to pour some food coloring into white fondant. For easier, you can flat the white fondant using the rolling pin, then pour some food coloring you want using the stick. It goals to make the food coloring mixed together. Repeat the step for others food coloring.
Firstly, prepare 2 the basic cakes. Take one basic cake, cover the top of the cake using the white buttercream. Then, place another cake and cover it with the buttercream too. The cake results for about 5" height. After the all of cake is piled up, covering the all of surface with the white buttercream. Make sure the surface is fine until the basic cake is invisible. You can use the spatula to smooth the cake surface.
- While you wait the buttercream is dry. You can roll the fondant to cover the cake. Take the blue fondant for covering the cake. After it finished, place it on the cake. Gentle the top to make the surface smooth. Then, slowly press the fondant to get down on the sides. Cut the rest of fondant at the bottom using the knife and smooth the cake using the thin piece of nasty.
Prepare the cake board for placing the cake on it. For more interesting, you can cover the edge of cake board using the rest of fondant. Now, lifting the cake on the board.
- Now, we are ready to put the star wars topper, you can choose the characters such as Captain Rex, Darth Daver and others characters you want. You can use 2-3 Star Wars toppers, place it on the top of cake.
- Next step, prepare the Star Wars printing word that you can get on the internet. Cutting it letter by letter to make it easier. Then, put it on the yellow fondant and cut it using the exacto knife. After that, rolling the black fondant and put the star wars words on it. Then, cut the edge of black fondant thus forming the rectangle and attach it on the side of the cake using a little bit of water.
- Preparing the yellow fondant to make several little stars and you can form the number in what year of someone birthday is. Stick it using the wire into the cake. Then, you can form the name of someone's birthday with the white fondant to give the contrast cake color. Ten, attach it on the top of cake.
Next, form the red and blue fondant to make a couple of lights. Stick it using the skewers and place it in the middle of the cake. Then, put the star wars toppers on the cake board.
- Finally, the Star Wars birthday cake is ready. For more interesting, try to make the candle holder using the blue fondant and place it on the cake board near the Star Wars topper.